and watch closely.
The first is mercy.
The second is frugality.
The third is humility
From mercy comes courage.
From frugality comes generosity.
From humility comes leadership.
Now if one were bold but had no mercy,
If one were broad but were not frugal,
If one went ahead without humility,
one would die.
Love vanquishes all attackers.
It is impregnable in defense.
When heaven wants to protect someone,
does it send an army?
No, it protects him with love.
- Do you have these three, mercy, frugality, humility?
- Do you hold fast to and watch them closely? Why?
- Where is the seat of mercy? Are you merciful and how can/does courage come from this place?
- When you are frugal, is it out of a sense of necessity or generosity? What is your attitude in the state of frugality?
- How do you arrive to humility? Why is humility a good leadership skill?
- Would one surely die? What dies?
- Heaven has sent Love. How have you received heaven's Love? What depth of Love is spoken here?
I've pondered this verse for a few days now, from my wide view Christian perspective, as a spiritual, spirited woman who oozes with humanness, and one who has a very personal relationship with God.
I really don't expect many private or general comments to this sharing of my intentionally limited thoughts, the questions posed, and this portion of Verse 67 of the Tao. What I hope is this evokes thought especially in light of so much going on in our homes, communities, nation, and our world, not only with mankind but nature and the animal kingdom too.
In Joy and In Love, Blessings.